GE Lunar Prodigy Advance
GE Lunar Prodigy Advance
About the GE Lunar Prodigy Advance Bone Densitometer
Medco Blue can quote your health facility with a refurbished or used GE Lunar Prodigy Advance bone densitometer, including installation, calibration, applications training, and service. Below you will find general information and specs related to the GE Lunar Prodigy Advance. We look forward to the opportunity to quote you this DEXA scanner. Contact us at 216-600-0801 and email@example.com today.
The GE Lunar Prodigy Advance delivers dependable dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA), low-dose radiation, exceptional precision and patient throughput in femur (10sec), spine (10sec) and total body measurement. Precise data is provided to you by the Prodigy Advance, on soft tissue and bone composition, including percentage of fat, lean- and fat-tissue mass, and bone-mineral density (BMD). Your patient’s records are streamlined at the same time, helping to keep all patient files as easy to access as possible.
- One of the most proven DXA systems
- With third generation DXA technology refined over 30 years, and nearly 11,000 units installed in 93 countries, plus hundreds of peer-reviewed articles in leading journals, you can be assured of Prodigy’s ability to help you care for your patients.
- Optimal patient and practice management
- Prodigy efficiently provides you with accurate bone mineral density (BMD) and other body composition analyses. Prodigy’s advanced features not only help your DXA scanning process flow with ease, but they also help enable you to manage your patient data and business more effectively.
- Unmatched Precision
- Patient BMD changes slowly and smaller precision errors lead to shorter patient monitoring intervals. Prodigy has been shown to have up to 40% better clinical precision when compared to competing systems.* Lunar Prodigy Advance enables clinicians to monitor therapy in the shortest interval possible.
- Direct Digital
- Lunar Prodigy Advance utilizes the industry's first direct-digital detector array. Direct x-ray conversion delivers high-resolution and rapid imaging in seconds, at a fraction of the dose of scintillating detector fan beam technologies.
- enCORE Software
- Prodigy enCORE software, based on the Windows® platform, optimizes productivity with automation break- throughs that save time and ensure consistent results.
- TruViewTM Image Reconstruction
- TruView image reconstruction eliminates the inherent magnification and distortion effects of wide fan-beam densitometry. Area and BMC of the bone is determined automatically in patients, ensuring accurate and precise BMD measurements, including geometric dimensions necessary for Hip Strength Analysis predictors and Hip Axis Length.
- The TeleDensitometry option allows the Lunar Prodigy Advance to connect to existing computer networks or phone lines for the purposes of sending DXA reports via email or via FAX direct from the densitometer.
- Lunar Prodigy Advance DICOM is flexible to meet your needs and is IHE5 compliant. Features include DICOM Structured Reports, image storage and commitment, and DICOM worklist. Reports and images can be sent to your PACS server in color or black and white.
- The Multi-User Database option allows multiple computer workstations to access DXA scan files simultaneously or for multiple Lunar bone densitometers to acquire and save images to a common database.
- This portable BMD review and dictation system gives you efficiency and portability on a PDA platform allowing the review of results and images anytime, anywhere.
- The Lunar Prodigy Advance receives and transmits HL7 information, including importing patient demographics and exporting patient exam results. This solution for electronic medical records closes the loop, completing the integration of the densitometer with existing electronic medical records.
- Computer Assisted Densitometry (CAD), a GE Healthcare exclusive, automatically identi- fies potential acquisition and analysis errors for AP Spine, Femur and DualFemurTM scans. CAD will alert the technologist to unusual patient anatomy, high-density areas, and artifacts. After identifying a potential problem, CAD makes a recommendation for correction via the online multimedia help. CAD is clinically proven to concur with osteoporosis expert assessments.*
- Composer automatically generates patient reports, including assessments and follow up recommendations. Scan results are based on pre-defined criteria established by the World Health Organization (WHO), and International Society of Clinical Densitometry (ISCD) and the National, and International Osteoporosis Foundations (NOF, and IOF). It determines the lowest T-score, based on user-defined regions, and automatically inserts the corresponding assessment and recommendations.
- Total Body, Body Composition
- The Total Body exam, the ultimate in skeletal assess- ment, provides precise bone density and body com- position (total fat, lean and bone tissue) results in one scan. Body composition measurements are used increasingly to manage a variety of clinical and research applications including: secondary osteoporo- sis, hyperparthyroidism, anabolic steroid therapy, anorexia nervosa and malabsorptive syndromes.
- BMD and soft-tissue assessment provide valuable clinical information in children with growth disor- ders, metabolic diseases, and cachexic disorders, among other conditions. Gender-specific pediatric reference data is implemented. A specific option “Infant Total Body” is also available for measuring young children and infants.**
- Dual-energy Vertebral Assessment (DVA) - diagnose and assess vertebral fractures with your densitometer
- Dual-energy Vertebral Assessment (DVA) expands the clinical applications available for the Lunar Prodigy Advance bone densitometer. DVA provides a rapid, dual-energy image of the AP and lateral spine allowing clinicians to visually assess the presence of vertebral fractures. Experts and radiologists agree; dual-energy is the preferred method for imaging the lateral spine.*
- Advanced Hip Assessment (AHA): Hip Axis Length (HAL), Cross-Sectional Moment of Inertia (CSMI)
- The Lunar Prodigy Advance provides the first major breakthroughs in femoral densitometry assessment since the introduction of DXA system software in 1987. These features are included in the new Advanced Hip Assessment software.
- AHA includes all the standard femoral regions of interest that were previously available, plus additional key measurements and assessments:
- HAL has been demonstrated in prospective studies as an effective adjunct to femur bone density in predicting fracture risk.
- CSMI calculated using the Lunar Prodigy Advance for research into load-bearing capacity of the hip.
- The Orthopedic software measures precisely and accurately Bone Mineral Density (BMD), and Bone Mineral Content (BMC), providing orthopedists with a valuable tool for both clinical practice and research.
- 350 lbs/160 kgs weight accommodation
- Washable pad cleans up with soap and water
- Sculptured side rail for safety and visual appeal - Open architecture for patient comfort
- QuickView 10-second AP spine & femur acquisition
- Excellent patient throughput with OneVision, OneScan
- Complete importation of previous exams made on other
- manufacturer devices
- Complete importation of the Lunar bone densitometer database
- AP spine
- Forearm/supine forearm
- Total body BMD
- Dual-energy Vertebral Assessment (DVA) (lateral and AP)
- Fracture risk assessment tool: FRAX®2
- Total and regional body composition
- Advanced body composition (data visualization, trending & reporting tools)
- Advanced Hip Assessment (AHA) with hip strength analysis
- Pediatric spine/femur/Complete Pediatric
- Hand/supine hand (optional)
- Small animal total body2 (optional)
- CoreScanTM (visceral fat quantification)
- Orthopedic hip
- Orthopedic knee
- Previous scan image comparison
- Automatic metal detection
- Image preview
- OneScan measurement
- QuickView measurement (10sec)
Analysis & reporting:
- Custom region of interest analysis
- Composer reporting tools
- Custom reference creation
- Practice management tools
- HIPAA secure view
- SQL server
- DICOM interface
- HL7 interface
- TeleDensitometry (e-mail, fax)4 Multi-User DataBase access (MUDB) (1-3 users)
- Multi-User DataBase access (MUDB) (1-10 users)
Available Applications and Options:
- AP Spine
- QuickView (10-second mode for AP Spine & Femur) DualFemur
- Advance Hip Assessment with Hip Axis Length and Cross Sectional Moment of Inertia
- Total Body*
- Body Composition* (with fat/lean assessment)
- Dual Energy Vertebral Assessment (DVA)
- Lateral Spine BMD
- Orthopedic Hip Analysis
- Infant Total Body***
- Small Animal
- Practice Management Report
- Dexter PDA interface software**
- Computer Assisted Densitometry (CAD) TeleDensitometry**
- DICOM (Worklist -Color Print and Store)**
- Multi User Data Base Access (3/10)**
- HL7 Bidirectional interface **
enCORETM Software Platform:
- Advanced intuitive graphical interface
- Multiple Patient directories with Microsoft Access® database
- SmartFanTM for scan window optimization and dose reduction
- Automated Scan mode selection
- AutoAnalysisTM for a better precision
- Customized Analysis for clinical flexibility
- Exam Comparison process
- BMD or sBMD results (BMC and Area)
- Extensive Reference Data
- 12,000 subjects – NHANES and several Regional Lunar Reference Data User defined Reference Population
- T-score, Z-score, % Young-Adults and % Age-Match Automated WHO Background evaluation
- Patient trending with previous exam importation
- Multiple languages available
- Multimedia Online Help
Typical Scan Time and Radiation Dose at the best Precision:
- AP Spine : 30 sec : 0.037mGy (< 1%CV)
- Femur : 30 sec : 0.037 mGy (< 1%CV)
- Total Body/ Body Comp. : 4 min 30sec: 0.0003 mGy (< 1%CV)
Calibration and Quality Assurance:
- Automated test program with complete mechanicals and electronics tests and global measurement calibration Automated QA Trending with complete storage
- Narrow FanBeam (4,5° angle) with SmartFan, MVIR and TruView algorithms
- Constant potential source at 76kV Dose efficient K-edge filter
- Direct-Digital CZT (Cadmium Zinc Telluride) detector Energy sensitive solid state Array
- None - Object-plane measured
Dimensions (L x H x W) and Weight:
- 263 x 111 x 128 cm - 272 kg (Full)
- 202 x 111 x 128 cm - 254 kg (Compact) Washable vinyl table pad
- Not required : X-ray safety requirements may vary upon destination. Please inquire with local regulatory authorities.
- GE Healthcare recommends consulting your local regulatory agency to comply with local ordinances.
- Ambient temperature: 18-27°C (65°F-81°F)
- Power: 230/240 VAC ±10%, 10A, 50/60 Hz
- Humidity: 20% - 80%, non-condensing
- Consumption: Idling 40VA, Scanning 450VA
- Distortion: sinusoidal waveform, less than 5% THD
- Scanner heat output: idling 150 BTU/hr, scanning 1500 BTU/hr
- Console heat output: approx. 400BTU/hr with 17” monitor
- Ventilation: all cooling vents must remain unblocked
- Dust, fumes, debris: install system in clean, ventilated area
Scanner Table Specifications:
- Scanner size (full-size bed): 262(W) x 109(D) x 128(H)cm (103” x 43” x 51”)
- Scanner size (compact bed): 201(W) x 109(D) x 128(H)cm (79” x 43” x 51”)
- Scanner weight (full-size bed): 272kg (599lbs)
- Scanner weight (compact bed): 254kg (559lbs)
- Patient table top height (adjustable): >63cm (25”)
- Maximum patient weight supported: 159kg (350 Ibs)
- Drive system: stepper motor with reinforced drive belts
- Active scan area (full-size bed): 197.5cm x 60.0cm
- Active scan area (compact bed): 135.2cm x 59.5cm
- Start position indicator: cross laser light (class II, <1mW power)
- Pad: washable patient mat
- Attenuation of patient support table: <0.7mm AL
- Communication cable: 7.62m (25ft) serial
- Scanner leakage current: meets IEC 60601-1 safety standard
- Windows XP® Professional
- Intel processor computer, printer and monitor Contact GE Healthcare or our local distributor for the detailed current configuration and optional hardware.
* on full size table only
** networking is under the user’s responsibility
*** for research only
GET A QUOTE FOR A GE LUNAR PRODIGY ADVANCE!
Contact us today to get a quote on a refurbished or used GE Lunar Prodigy Advance bone densitometer. Call us at 216-600-0801 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Model||Lunar Prodigy Advance|