Hologic Discovery A DXA
Hologic Discovery A DXA
About the Hologic Discovery A DXA Bone Densitometer
Medco Blue can quote your health facility with a refurbished or used Hologic Discovery A DXA bone densitometer, including installation, calibration, applications training, and service. Below you will find general information and specs related to the Hologic Discovery A DXA. We look forward to the opportunity to quote you this bone densitometer. Contact us at 216-600-0801 and firstname.lastname@example.org today.
The Hologic Discovery A DXA system enables you to identify fractures not discernible by physical examination, while determining basic bone mineral density and the patient’s T-score. The system also offers several other impressive applications such as High Definition Instant Vertebral AssessmentTM (IVATM-HD), FRAX® fracture risk assessment, and Advanced Body CompositionTM assessment with InnerCoreTM visceral fat assessment. By providing you with the best diagnostic tools to pinpoint early detection and treatment of osteoporosis, Discovery offers the most comprehensive platform for complete bone health assessment, obesity and more - now and in the future.
Among the models in the Hologic Discovery bone densitometer series, the Discovery A is the most feature-rich than any other model to the family. For someone who needs to be ready for any and all contingencies, the Discovery A is the right choice.
- High-resolution digital detector array, which improves fracture detection visualization of abdominal aortic calcifications.1
- Speed and image quality, with images of the hip and spine captured in as fast as 10 seconds.
- Superb visualization, an exclusive Hologic design that utilizes a high-resolution detector array paired with true fan-beam linear acquisition geometry.
- Continuous automatic calibration, ensuring precise and consistent measurements results from exam to exam.
- The Discovery A is sold with a standard package of scanning abilities that exceeds all of Hologic’s previous bone density models. Many of these features are available earlier in the Discovery line, but not in any package as inclusive as the Discovery A. They include:
- Whole body
- Supine lateral BMD (No patient repositioning)
- 10-second femur
- 10-second spine
- Radiologic vertebral assessment
- Dual hip
- High Definition Instant Vertebral Fracture Assessment (IVA-HD)
- The IVA-HD tool dramatically improves the detection of vertebral fractures by doubling the resolution of previously available techniques with a low-dose, single-energy image. Vertebral fracture status, combined with traditional bone density testing, is the gold standard for fracture risk assessment.2
- Abdominal aortic calcification
- The IVA-HD tool also allows you to visualize calcified plaques in the abdominal aorta, which may be a significant indicator of heart disease and stroke.3-5 Exclusive to Hologic, this feature provides vital information that may link to coronary heart disease (CHD), which is the leading cause of death for women. In fact, nearly 39 percent of all female deaths in the U.S. are due to CHD.6
- Advanced Body Composition Assessment and InnerCore Visceral Fat Assessment
- The Advanced Body Composition assessment feature produces color images displaying the distribution of fat, lean mass, bone and fat mass index. The information is translated into an easy-to-interpret report for improved patient management and counseling.
- Our DXA systems incorporate the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) whole body composition reference data. The Endocrine Society recommends annual bone mineral density and body composition exams for bariatric surgery patients.7
- FRAX* 10-year Fracture Risk Assessment
- The FRAX fracture risk assessment tool calculates a patient's 10-year probability of hip and other osteoporotic fractures. FRAX was developed by the World Health Organization (WHO) to help healthcare providers identify and proactively treat patients with a high risk of debilitating bone fractures due to low bone mass and other significant risk factors.
- *FRAX is a trademark of the World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Metabolic Bone Diseases, located at the University Of Sheffield Medical School, UK.
- Reporting Solutions
- Whether you are entering patient data or interpreting patient results, Hologic offers comprehensive tools to streamline bone densitometry workflow to improve your practice's efficiency, giving you more time to spend with patients.
- Physicians Report Writer DX is a comprehensive tool that combines the patient's information, BMD, IVA-HD and FRAX data into an automated electronic report.
- In addition to its pre-loaded package, the Discovery A also supports more optional features than other Discovery models including:
- Prosthetic hip
- Small animal
- Infant whole body
- Body composition analysis
- Sub-region body composition analysis
- OnePass single-sweep scanning, which delivers superb image quality8 and precision.9 Our exclusive design utilizes a multi-element digital detector array paired with true fan-beam acquisition geometry, enabling rapid, dual-energy bone density measurements. OnePass scanning is designed to eliminate beam overlap errors and image distortion found in rectilinear acquisition techniques, resulting in superb image quality and data stability.
- Patient Weight Limit
- 450 lbs
- Typical Exposure Time
- Lumbar spine & femur... 10 sec / 0.04 mGy
- IVATM-HD ..................... 15 sec / 0.025 mGy
- Whole body .................. 174 sec / 0.007 mGy
- Standard Computer Hardware (Minimum Configuration)
- Computer worktable with Dual Core 3 GHz Windows® 7XP Professional 32 bits
- 250 GB hard drive
- 2 GB RAM
- 17" LCD flat panel monitor HP color InkJet® printer DVD RAM drive
- Network ready
- Optional Hardware
- HP color LaserJet® printer Oasis stand-alone workstation
- Standard Software Configuration
- APEXTM operating system
- FRAX® World Health Organization 10-Year Fracture Risk Assessment
- Express BMD
- Tech TipsTM
- Express ExamTM protocol grouping program
- AccuViewTM hip positioning
- ProTech with DXApro
- OneTimeTM auto analysis
- NHANES body composition reference data
- BMDCS pediatric reference data for spine, hip, forearm and whole body
- QDR® OnePageTM report
- ISCD compliant reporting software
- Context sensitive help
- Colored fracture risk indicator report
- Auto low BMD analysis for spine and hip
- Scan/Analyze protocols for AP lumbar spine, proximal femur, Dual HipTM software, forearm, and scoliotic spine, pediatric spine, hip, and forearm
- Advanced Body CompositionTM assessment and subregion analysis
- InnerCoreTM visceral fat assessment
- Physicians ViewerTM software with MXAproTM computer aided fracture assessment tool
- Serial examination trending with facility specific LSC
- Optional Software
- Physicians Report WriterTM DX IRISTM enterprise connectivity suite* DB SyncTM database synchronizer
- Scanning Method
- Linear X-ray fan-beam, utilizing motorized table and C-arm
- X-ray System
- Switched-pulse dual-energy (100 kVp/140 kVp)
- Detector System
- Multi-element high resolution digital detector array
- External Shielding
- None required**
- BMD Precision
- Scan Region
- 38" x 20" (77" x 26" on whole body models)
- Table Height
- Automatic, continuous calibration using Hologic’s automatic internal reference system. Operator calibration not required
- Automatic quality control program with multiple system checks
- Operating Requirements
- Temperature: 60° - 90°F (15°-32°C)
- Power: 100 VAC (16 A); 120 VAC (14 A); 230 VAC (8 A) Humidity: 20% - 80% relative humidity, non condensing Average heat load: 3,400 BTU/hr
Scan Site Specifications:
- 216 Detectors
- Regional Scans 10 s
- Supine Lateral BMD
- IVA-HD w/AAC
- Advanced Body Composition Assessment and Subregion Analysis
- Dual Hip
- Proximal Femur
- Lumbar Spine
- Hip Structure Analysis
Research Option Package:
- Prosthetic Hip
- Small Animal
- Infant Body Composition Assessment and Subregion Analysis
GET A QUOTE FOR A HOLOGIC DISCOVERY A DXA!
Contact us today to get a quote on a refurbished or used Hologic Discovery A DXA bone densitometer. Call us at 216-600-0801 or email us at email@example.com.
|Model||Discovery A DXA|