About the Sensus SRT-100 Unit
Medco Blue can quote your health facility with a refurbished or used Sensus SRT-100 unit, including installation, calibration, applications training, and service. Below you will find general information and specs related to the Sensus SRT-100. We look forward to the opportunity to quote you this system. Contact us at 216-600-0801 and firstname.lastname@example.org today.
The Sensus SRT-100, a superficial radiotherapy platform, destroys non-melanoma skin cancer cells without damaging healthy surrounding tissue. This system was designed to bring non-surgical non-melanoma skin cancer treatment to more patients in more settings with a much higher throughput, from dermatology and oncology private practices, through assisted living and skilled care facilities, to hospitals and enterprise healthcare organizations. SRT is the most humane and sufficient treatment for patients who are considered high risk for surgical procedures due to various diabetic and cardiac diseases, disorders, or for patients with non-melanoma skin cancers on their facial region. The cure rate of this treatment is as high as 95-97% and results in little or no scarring. Plus, the system’s mobility allows you to use it in any space, right in your office, to keep patients comfortable and under your supervision so you have more treatment options to offer and thus increase patient retention.
Why Choose The Sensus SRT-100?
Surgical treatments are invasive, pose risk for post-surgical infections, and leave scarring. Additionally, reimbursement for surgery has dropped precipitously in the past few years, posing a clear need for mitigating complementary solution. SRT is performed with a series of short, 30 second treatments that are painless, safe, and produce little to no wounding of the skin. Now patients with skin cancer who do not want surgery have a practical and attractive option for difficult to treat areas. The SRT-100 is a good treatment option whether you suffer from keloids caused by surgery, acne, chicken pox, piercing, burns, are genetically prone to keloids- including African Americans, Latinos, and Asians, or have compromised healing abilities (senor patients). Patients of all skin types enjoy cure rates of 90% or higher after undergoing treatment with the SRT-100.
Comprised of two interconnected major assemblies and accessories:
- Base Unit- used to administer a low energy radiation beam with limited depth penetration, avoiding deep tissue damage. This unit is freestanding consisting of an X-ray tube, high voltage generator, heat exchanger, input voltage components, and an X-ray tube positioning mechanism.
- Control Console- a screen like device that contains indicators, switches, and control circuits necessary to set up and operate the base unit.
- 95% Excellent cure rates that rival surgery
- Short treatment sessions
- No anesthesia, cutting, bleeding, stitching or pain
- No downtime or lifestyle restrictions
- Super cosmesis, no unsightly scarring
- No need for post-treatment reconstructive surgeries
- Broad Range of Motion
- The horizontal and vertical range of the scissor arm accommodates your patients whether they’re sitting or recumbent.
- Compact, Mobile Design
- Medical grade casters (wheels) and a small footprint (30” x 30”) lets you place the system where it needs to be.
- RAD Check
- Pre-treatment energy verification as part of a daily QC program for precise and accurate x-ray delivery.
- Automatic Warm-up
- Automatic warm-up procedure allows for fast system setup and patient treatment under 6 minutes. The treatment dose is automatically displayed for verification prior to delivery.
- Automatic Aluminum Filter Change
- Upon kV-mA selection, the system automatically changes the aluminum filter, eliminating the need for filter storage, manual procedures, and the potentially adverse possibility of inadvertent over-dosage or under-dosage.
- Precise Dose Delivery
- High-frequency inverter technology utilizes feedback sensing to maintain stable kV-mA energy levels.
- Unique Replaceable Visual Applicator Safety
- Contact shields, variable applicator sizes, and replaceable contact shields provide 1.27 cm visual verification and clinical margin clearance of the treated area. The replacement shields are inexpensive and ensure shields do not discolor over time. Use of replacement shields also helps prevent blood-borne pathogen transmission.
- Patient Comfort
- Large range of motion makes the SRT-100TM accommodating to patients in wheelchairs.
Versatility, Efficiency, and Value:
- Goes Just About Anywhere
- Efficient component integration yields a compact, low-profile unit with a space-saving 30” x 30” footprint. Casters and standard wall socket plug-in operation mean that the SRT-100TM can move closer to the patient.*
- Simple, Safe, Efficient Operation
- The specially designed SRT-100TM control console simplifies entry of system set-up and calibration parameters by service personnel and medical physicists. Automated and RAD check features enhance safety, reduce procedural costs, and increase patient throughput.
- Engineered for Maximum Uptime
- The SRT-100TM X-ray tube is metal-ceramic for prolonged endurance, and advanced system architecture optimizes system uptime.
- Capital Investment and Payback
- Developed solely for the treatment of non-melanoma skin cancer and priced accordingly, the SRT-100TM can increase patient throughput, retention, and referrals by providing a complementary and ancillary treatment modality to specialized surgery and linear accelerators. The SRT-100TM provides the means for optimizing the utilization of your OR and Vault rooms, and a broader repertoire of treatment options for your patients and referring physicians.
- * A shielded enclosure is needed, which is available from Sensus Healthcare (Sensus ShieldTM), and the supervision of a physician during equipment operation according to state regulations and laws
- RAD Check – Pre-Treatment Energy Verification
- High Frequency Inverter Technology
- Radiation Fields Precisely Defined
- Physicist Calibrations are Stored in the System
- Al Filters Automatically Placed at X-Ray Tube Port
- ASRT Approved CEU Program
- Applicator Sizes Displayed
- Power Lamp
- Key Switch
- X-Ray Indicator
- Control Panel Warning Label
- Start Switch
- Stop Switch
- Emergency Off Switch
- Timer Displays
- Timer Reset Switch
- Exposure Time Control
- kV mA Selection
- LCD Display
- Physicist Energy Measurement Procedures
- Auto Al Filter Change Indicator
- Automatic Warm-up Status
- Pre-treatment Status
- Applicator ID
- Accumulated Dose
- Type: Constant potential HV
- Input Line: 120/230 VAC
- Included standard set of applicators: 1.5cm, 2cm, 2.5cm, 3cm, 4cm, 5cm diameter at 15cm SSD (source-to-skin distance)
- Optional size treatment applicators: 1.0 cm, 2 cm, 2.5 cm, 4.0 cm, 7.3 cm diameter at 15 cm SSD 10 cm, 12.7 cm diameter at 25 cm SSD
- Keloid Applicator Set: 7.3cm diameter at 15cm SSD, 10cm and 12cm diameter at 25cm SSD, 18cm diameter at 30cm SSD
- Replaceable safety contact shields
- Applicator size specific
- Visibility of treated area
- X-ray Tube
- Metal-ceramic Water-cooled Tungsten target
- End grounded
- Rating: 100 kV/10 mA, 40 kV/30 mA, 1000 W continuous dissipation
- Focal spot size: 5 mm x 5mm
- Base Unit Assembly
- Base space requirements: 30” x 30”
- Vertical arm travel: 57”
- Horizontal arm travel: 49”
- X-ray tube movement: V&H 180 degrees
- Integrated modular components: Input power, HV generator, heat exchanger
- Operator Control Console
- Can be located up to 100’ (30 meters) from base unit Service mode for system set-up and calibration (key entry)
- RAD Check
- Direct radiation measurement of output
- Pre-treatment verification
- Three Treatment Techniques
- 100 kV at 8 mA, 2.0 mm Al. HVL
- 70 kV at 10 mA, 1.0 mm Al. HVL
- 50 kV at 10 mA, 0.45 mm, Al. HVL
- X-ray output is 600 cGy at 15 cm SSD/100kV
- System Weight
- 350 lbs. (160 kg)
- Automatic Filter Change
- Based on KVMA Selection, the system will automatically select the proper filter – no human error, no braking, no bending, or incorrect size.
- Automatic Warm Up Procedures
- Automatically activated from time of last exposure
- Control Panel
- The control console provides the controls and indicators to set up SRT exposures and to initiate, monitor, and terminate them. It also permits entry of system calibration values by a radiation physicist. The control console is located remotely from the x-ray base unit.
Note: While SRT is an excellent and attractive option for removing skin cancers, it is not suitable for all types of skin cancers or patients. Some of the factors affecting whether radiation therapy can be used include:
- Type of cancer
- Site of cancer
- Patient preference
- Suitability of other treatments
- Prior use of radiation therapy
GET A QUOTE FOR A SENSUS SRT-100!
Contact us today to get a quote on a refurbished or used Sensus SRT-100 unit. Call us at 216-600-0801 or email us at email@example.com.